Brepols is launching a call for applications for its ReIReS Course on “Digital Resources for Patristic, Medieval and Religious Studies”, which will be held in Turnhout on December 9-11, 2020 (new dates), following immediately upon, and in close partnership with the ReIReS Course organized at KU Leuven.
The course organized by Brepols focuses on presenting online research tools for facilitating Patristic and Medieval Studies and the History of Religion. We especially – but not exclusively – welcome PhD students and postdocs in the fields of history, theology, and philology.
The course will allow participants to gain first-hand experience of state-of-the-art online bibliographies, encyclopedias, dictionaries and full-text databases. It also aims to deepen existing knowledge of text analysis through digital tools. Finally, their presence at an international academic publishing house will allow participants to gain insight in (Latin text) publishing initiatives, both in print and online.
Due assistance will be provided for those not reading Latin, and topics in other ancient and “vernacular” languages will be treated as well.
The school meets ReIReS Common Objectives and Standards
Specific Learning Goals
The participant will acquire:
- an understanding of the benefits and use of online bibliographies and encyclopedias in the field of religious studies;
- an overview of Latin text publishing initiatives both in print and online;
- a critical sense and knowledge in order to select and use reliable Latin text (in print and online);
- an in-depth knowledge of digital tools and resources in the field of Latin language and literature;
- an overview of possibilities and developments in language processing of Latin (and other ancient languages).
Go here to see the program (subject to any changes).
Application is closed.
ReIReS DH Course in Leuven, December 7-9, 2020 (new dates)
The course offered by Brepols is in line with the course offered by KU Leuven December 7-9, 2020 (new dates). It may be interesting to follow both courses and to make use of the special bus transfer from Leuven to Turnhout. Here you can read more about the DH Course in Leuven.
Special offer: Attendants from outside the ReIReS consortium participating in both the DH Course in Leuven (KU Leuven) and the DH Course in Turnhout (Brepols) only have to pay the registration fee (€ 150.00) once.
Contact for more information Bart Janssens of Brepols.